Saturday, June 26, 2010

Traveling to Tanzania = Mission Accomplished!

Hi everyone!

So I finally made it to Tanzania yesterday! Not only did I arrive in one piece, but I arrived completely happy and ready for this big adventure to start! I was sooooo excited to land finally - the plane trip over was nearly 24 hours long so it was nice to get out and stretch my legs once we got here. I say "we" because I am accompanied by 7 others in the WorldTeach program who will be teaching here also. Since we got here last night we've had some stellar home cooked meals at a hostel that we're staying at in Mikocheni (right on the coast in Dar es Salaam, TZ), we've been to the beach once, rested a little, been stuck in traffic for about 2 hours trying to go only 15 miles, set up functioning cell phones (I'll hand my number out soon), been to the shops at a couple malls, taken a walk through town, been to some orientation info sessions, and have learned a lot already! I'm about to eat dinner here and then watch the World Cup match betwen Ghana and the USA. Although I do love you, USA, I'm an African resident now for the year, so in lieu of that I'm rooting for Ghana to take the win - Africa needs to kick out butt to keep their hopes up in this thing! Toodles for now, the chakula (food) is ready. Peace and much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment