Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fundraising!

So here's the sort of unfortunate news about WorldTeach...

I have to raise $6,000 by May 15 to even teach in Tanzania this year with WorldTeach because of all the fees involved! I've raised almost $700 so far, but I still have almost $5,300 to go!  I have less than a month and a half to raise the remainder of the money! I've been writing letters to virtually everyone I've ever met in my entire life, even employers from when I was 16! I'm also doing community-wide projects at home in Vermont and at school at Skidmore College. I'm even going to write to the State of Vermont and Federal Governments to see if I can get big grants!

If you would like to help me raise money, here's how you can donate:


1. You can send a check or cash to me at the following address:
                  Megan Randall '10
                  815 N Broadway
                  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
    Checks can be made out to WorldTeach and marked for me on the memo line. 


2. You can pay with a major credit card or your PayPal account by clicking on “Donate Now” on the WorldTeach homepage: www.worldteach.org. 

3. You can call WorldTeach directly and contribute with a MasterCard or Visa. *Please note that WorldTeach will send you a receipt for them website because all donations are tax deductible! 


4. You can check out my facebook group page:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112136722136609 and donate to me through the UniversalGiving website (directions are on group page).

Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions, ideas, or even if you know anyone who might be interested in funding my project. Thank you so much for helping make this experience possible for my future Tanzanian students and I. 


THANKS THANKS THANKS! (KARIBU SANA!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment